This is the timeline for the process of getting Emily. It looks like it will be 18 months from LID to Referral for me.

10.20.2005

Oct 14th

Totally SHOCKED, because my documents have come back from the State Dept sooo quickly. I wasn't expecting them until next week!

Then I open up the envelope and there is a problem. 2 of my documents didn't get the State seal of approval.
1) my guardianship form. (Single applicants need this, couples don't) The notary who signed this divided his notary signature on to two different pages, and NC won't accept it. Frantic phone calls to my sister and brother & law follow this. They are fabulous and totally understanding and rush to have a new copy made and signed and notarized TODAY.
2) My birth certificate. I'm puzzled because I was born in NY but my directions from my agency say NC will accept this as long as I notarize that it's a true copy. Apparently NC has not gotten the same directions as I did, because they aren't having any part of this. MANY freak out moments occur, many calls to NY various depts, calls to my agency. General Flipping Out ensues.
This counts as FREAK OUT NUMBER TWO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home